Marine and Terrestrial Project Scientist
A minimum fourteen month position based on CCC's project in Montserrat, as a senior in-country scientist responsible for overseeing CCC's marine and terrestrial conservation programmes including scientific training, project partner liaison and community engagement. The successful candidate will be working closely with project partners, representing CCC at stakeholder meetings and working to deliver and develop CCC's conservation goals.
For full details of the responsibilities of the Marine and Terrestrial Project Scientist, please read the terms of reference.
Terms of Reference Marine and Terrestria[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [256.8 KB]
- MSc qualification in a relevant field (BSc with minimum 3 years relevant experience may be considered)
- Experience in terrestrial ecological survey work
- Experience in marine ecological survey work
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literate
- Minimum PADI Advanced Open Water or equivalent
- Demonstrable passion for the natural environment
- Experience of living and working in remote areas
- Experience of cultivating partnerships and project management
- Teaching experience
- Knowledge and understanding of natural resource management issues and community based conservation in developing countries
Why Work for Coral Cay Conservation?
- Award winning NGO
- Strong international scientific reputation
- Working at the cutting edge of conservation
- Authour and co-authour CCC reports and peer-reviewed publications
- Pre-departure training in science and expedition management in the UK
- Valuable project and people management experience
- Enhanced research experience
- Advanced teaching experience
- Work with like-minded conservation professionals
- Liaise with local communities
- Contribute to conservation goals
- Dive opportunities
To apply please download the expedition staff application form below and send this completed form, a brief covering email and your CV to CCC's Head of Operations: email@example.com.
Expedition staff application form.doc
Microsoft Word document [234.5 KB]
Please note that British citizens and residents will be Criminal Records Bureau (enhanced) CRB checked by Coral Cay Conservation.