A minimum six month voluntary post as senior in-country scientist responsible for overseeing the delivery of CCC's conservation programme including scientific training, surveying, project partner liaison and community engagement. The successful candidate will be working closely with project partners, representing CCC at stakeholder meetings and working to deliver and develop CCC's conservation goals. Opportunities are available for solely marine or both marine and terrestrial placements.
For full details of the responsibilities of the Marine Project Scientist, please read the terms of reference.
C0090 - Terms of Reference - Project Sci[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [172.5 KB]
- MSc qualification in a relevant field (BSc with relevant experience may be considered)
- Experience in marine and terrestrial ecological survey work (where applicable)
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literate
- PADI Advanced Open Water or equivalent
- A demonstrable passion for the natural environment
- A full manual driving license (Montserrat only)
- Experience of living and working in remote areas
- Experience of cultivating partnerships and project management
- Teaching experience
- Knowledge and understanding of natural resource management issues and community based conservation in developing countries
Why Work for Coral Cay Conservation?
- Award winning conservation NGO
- Strong International scientific reputation
- Working at the cutting edge of conservation
- Opportunities to author and co-authour CCC reports and peer-reviewed publications
- Pre-departure training in science and expedition management in the UK
- Valuable project and people management experience
- Enhanced research experience
- Advanced teaching experience
- Work with like-minded conservation professionals
- Lisiae with local communities
- Contribute to conservation goals
- Dive opportunities
The Life of a Project Scientist.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [1.0 MB]
To apply, please download the expedition staff application form below and send this completed form, a brief covering email and your CV to CCC at: email@example.com.
Expedition staff application form.doc
Microsoft Word document [232.5 KB]
Please note that British citizens and residents will be Criminal Records Bureau (Enhanced) CRB checked by Coral Cay Conservation.