We occasionally require Medical Officers during the Summer months. If you are available during this period please do get in touch and we can confirm whether we have any future vacancies. There are currently no vacancies for 2015.
A minimum four month voluntary post overseeing the general health and safety of the expedition and providing medical treatment to the staff and volunteers.
- Qualified doctor or senior nurse with 6 months A&E experience
- Scuba diving certification, minimum of PADI Advanced Open Water (AOW) or equivalent
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide health care and emergency medical treatments to all company personnel, expedition volunteers and their counterparts
- Maintenance and stock control of all medical supplies and equipment on site
- Enforcing policies of expedition health and safety on site
- Briefing on preventative hygiene on site
- Maintenance of medical records
- Submitting regular reports to head office and counterparts
What can you expect to gain from being part of the Expedition Staff Team?
- Tropical medicine experience
- Experience teaching in first aid
- Experience working overseas
- Opportunity to gain in-depth scientific knowledge of marine or terrestrial sites
- Opportunities to carry out surveys
- Gain an insight into CCC's longstanding objectives
- Promote conservational awareness
- Work with project partners
To apply, please download the expedition staff application form below and send this completed form, a brief covering email and your CV to CCC at:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expedition staff application form.doc
Microsoft Word document [230.5 KB]
Please note that British citizens and residents will be Criminal Records Bureau (Enhanced) CRB checked by Coral Cay Conservation.