A minimum six month voluntary (see below) post as senior in-country scientist responsible for overseeing the delivery of CCC's conservation programme including scientific training, surveying, project partner liaison and community engagement. The successful candidate will be working closely with project partners, representing CCC at stakeholder meetings and working to deliver and develop CCC's conservation goals.
A £500.00 contribution towards travel expenses will be provided upon successful completion of the full contract.
For full details of the responsibilities of the Marine Project Scientist, please read the terms of reference.
C0090 - Terms of Reference - Project Sci[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [172.5 KB]
- MSc qualification in a relevant field (BSc with minimum 2-years relevant experience)
- Experience in marine ecological survey work
- Experience in fishery assessment, community liaison and project development
- Marine Protected Area, Marine Spatial Planning and sustainable management development
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ecological data analysis competency
- Minimum PADI Advanced Open Water (>50 logged dives)
- Demonstrable passion for the natural environment
- Experience of living and working in remote areas
- Experience of cultivating partnerships and project management
- Teaching experience
- Knowledge and understanding of natural resource management issues and community based conservation in developing countries
- Experience with coral nursery development, coral propagation and transplantation
Why Work for Coral Cay Conservation?
- Award winning conservation NGO
- Strong International scientific reputation
- Working at the cutting edge of conservation
- Pre-departure training and certification as a 'Reef Check Trainer' (region specific)
- Valuable project and people management experience
- Enhanced research experience
- Advanced teaching experience
- Work with like-minded conservation professionals
- Liaise with local communities
- Contribute to conservation goals
- Receive free dive training up to Divemaster
- Author CCC scientific reports
The Life of a Project Scientist.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [1.0 MB]
To apply, please download the expedition staff application form below and send this completed form, a brief covering email and your CV to CCC at: email@example.com.
Expedition staff application form.doc
Microsoft Word document [232.5 KB]
Please note that British citizens and residents will be Disclosure and Barring Service Criminal (Enhanced) DBS checked by Coral Cay Conservation.