A minimum six month voluntary post, assisting in the delivery of scientific training of volunteers and daily survey activities on CCC's expedition sites. In the Philippines this role is solely marine focused, in Montserrat the Science Officer will be involved in both marine and terrestrial work.
For full details of the responsibilities of the Science Officer, please read the terms of reference.
C0090 - Terms of Reference - Science Off[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [184.0 KB]
- A relevant BSc degree in marine biology, conservation biology or similar
- PADI Advanced Open Water or equivalent (experienced)
- Marine ecological survey experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A demonstrable passion for the natural environment
- Experience working with and around volunteers
- Teaching experience
- A relevant MSc degree in marine biology, conservation biology or similar
- Teaching experience in a scientific setting
- PADI Divemaster or equivalent
- A current first aid qualification
- Previous experience with coral reef nurseries and propagation techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of marine resource management and marine protected areas
- Experience on a CCC (or similar) expedition
- Own personal dive equipment (incl. regulators and BCD)
Why Work for Coral Cay Conservation?
- Award winning conservation NGO
- Strong international scientific reputation
- Working at the cutting edge of conservation
- Potential to co-authour reports and publications
- Enhanced research experience
- Advanced teaching experience
- Pre-departure training in ecological surveying in the UK
- Chance to gain further dive training free of charge
- You will be certified as a Reef Check (region-specific) Eco Diver Trainer
- Liaise with local communities
- Work with like-minded conservation professionals
- Contribute to conservation goals
- Dive opportunities
To apply, please download the expedition staff application form below and send this completed form, a brief covering email and your CV to CCC at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expedition staff application form.doc
Microsoft Word document [232.5 KB]
Please note that British citizens and residents will be Disclosure and Barring Service Criminal (Enhanced) DBS checked by Coral Cay Conservation.