A minimum six month voluntary post, assisting in the delivery of scientific training of volunteers and daily survey activities on CCC's expedition sites. In the Philippines this role is solely marine focused, in Montserrat the Science Officer will be involved in both marine and terrestrial work.
For full details of the responsibilities of the Science Officer, please read the terms of reference.
C0090 - Terms of Reference - Science Off[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [184.0 KB]
- A relevant degree in marine biology, terrestrial ecology or similar
- PADI Advanced Open Water or equivalent (experienced)
- Marine ecological survey experience
- Terrestrial ecological survey experience (Montserrat only)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A demonstrable passion for the natural environment
- A full manual driving license (Montserrat only)
- Teaching experience
- PADI Divemaster or equivalent
- A current first aid qualification
- Experience on a CCC (or similar) expedition
Why Work for Coral Cay Conservation?
- Award winning conservation NGO
- Strong international scientific reputation
- Working at the cutting edge of conservation
- Potential to co-authour reports and publications
- Enhanced research experience
- Advanced teaching experience
- Pre-departre training in ecological surveying in the UK
- Liaise with local communities
- Work with like-minded conservation professionals
- Contribute to conservation goals
- Dive opportunities
To apply, please download the expedition staff application form below and send this completed form, a brief covering email and your CV to CCC at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expedition staff application form.doc
Microsoft Word document [232.5 KB]
Please note that British citizens and residents will be Criminal Records Bureau (Enhanced) CRB checked by Coral Cay Conservation.