The Marine Expedition Management Scheme (MEMS) is an exciting and unique programme designed to be inclusive of all abilities. It aims to deliver a comprehensive training package that we believe sets the industry standard in expedition leadership. The course incorporates current recognised standards in leadership training as well as experience in operating within remote overseas environments. Participants will benefit from Coral Cay’s extensive knowledge and expertise in working in such conditions and will be closely supervised by established instructors and expedition staff.
Not only will the MEMS give the participant all the necessary skills, information, instructions and opportunities to practice in the field, it also ensures that any potential instructor is fully briefed on current guidelines, regulations and policies that contribute to running safe and successful outdoor and overseas progammes. These include BS8848, Expedition Providers Association guidelines and the enhanced Criminal Records Bureau screening system.
Coral Cay Conservation encourages all those who believe they have what it takes to work in the expedition diving industry. Please note there are limited spaces for this programme.
Duration: 6 Months
Week 1: UK Based
Week 2-9: Cambodia Based
Week 10-25: Philippines Based
This includes all NGB registrations, transport, flights, insurance, overseas in-country costs and certification for the 6 month programme as well as the activities specified below:
- Introduction to Programme Mentor
- ECP Exploration Medicine Course
- Open Water Diver Course
- Advanced Open Water Diver Course
- Rescue Diver Course
- Divemaster Course
- Travel Safety Awareness Course
- Skills Development Programme (marine conservation)
- Sports Coach UK Child Protection Course
- Emergency Communication Equipment Training
- Reef Check
- Off-Site Safety Management Course
- First Aid at Work Instructor Course
- City and Guilds 7300 in Adult Education
- Expedition Management
- Budgeting and Procurement
- Planning and Logistics
- Legal Considerations
- Risk Assessment Training
- Soft Skills Delivery
- NNAS Bronze/Silver Navigation Course
- Final review with staff back in UK
Note: This package does not include personal diving equipment.