Marine Project Scientist
This is a six-month (minimum) post as senior in-country scientist responsible for overseeing Coral Cay Conservation’s scientific training and survey programme. The successful candidate will be working closely with project partners and representing CCC at stakeholder meetings to continue to develop and expand CCC's conservation goals.
- MSc qualification in a relevant field (BSc with relevant experience may be considered)
- Tropical marine fieldwork experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literate
- PADI Advanced Open Water or equivalent
Duties and responsibilities
- Co-ordination of research including the management and guidance of Science and Educational Officers as well as volunteers.
- Training volunteers through the CCC Skills Development Programme (SDP)
- Planning strategies of research on a daily to six monthly basis, in close collaboration with other CCC staff members
- Drafting of reports to CCC UK
- Drafting Monthly Project Updates for CCC UK and our project partners.
- Assisting with the completion of annual reports in collaboration with CCC London
- Maintenance of science equipment inventories and requesting re-supplies
- Regular meetings with local stakeholders
- Meeting with in-country partners
- Representing CCC at Technical Committee meetings
- Providing environmental awareness lectures at local schools and institutes
- Supporting the Field Base Manager and other expedition staff
Why work for Coral Cay Conservation?
- Award winning conservation NGO
- Strong international scientific reputation
- Work at the cutting edge of conservation
- Authour and co-author CCC reports and peer-review publications
- Pre-departure training in science and expedition management in the UK
- Enhanced research experience
- Advanced teaching experience
- Work with like minded dedicated conservation professionals
- Liaise with local communities
- Contribute to conservational goals
- Dive Opportunities
To apply, please download the expedition staff application form below and send this completed form, a brief covering email and your CV to CCC's Head of Science:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expedition staff application form.doc
Microsoft Word document [234.0 KB]
Please note that British citizens and residents will be Criminal Records Bureau (Enhanced) CRB checked by Coral Cay Conservation.