Join the Coral Cay team and take a SCUBA diving and conservation internship at our dive field base in the Philippines.
Divemaster Interns will undertake an intensive training programme which will equip them with the skills to carry out valuable scientific work to contribute to the conservation of threatened coral reefs. They will gain a unique insight and hands-on experience working in the scuba diving industry whilst obtaining the education, training and credentials needed to become a PADI Divemaster.
Divemaster Internship Highlights:
- Hands-on education in a tropical paradise
- On the job training with expert Instructors
- Intensive science training in conservation
- Free food and accommodation
- National Governing Body (NGB) qualifications
- On the ground experience of community led conservation
Divemaster Internship Programme:
Programmes are flexible and can be tailored toward the individual’s requirements. The normal internship programmes last for 20 weeks. Ten weeks will be spent at the CCC's field base and the other
ten weeks at a nearby commercial diving centre.
If you are certified with an agency other than PADI, we can convert your current certification to the PADI system at no additional time or expense.
You will stay in either the CCC field base or a local house shared with other interns and staff.
- Open Water diving certification is recommended (or at least a try dive).
- Friendly and motivated
- A good swimmer
- Respect for nature/conservation
- It is important to be in good physical shape
- Interns must be a minimum of 18 years of age on the first day of the programme
- Assist in the preparation of the dive boats, loading tanks and setting up equipment as well as end of day shut down activities
- Learn to fill dive tanks
- Assist clients with diving equipment
- Assist our staff with divers, students and other Interns in their programmes
- Help with the overall customer flow and safety of client divers
- Regular diving (weather dependant)
- Practice your Filipino language skills (Visayan)
- Assist in marine conservation programmes
- Obtain a Reef Check qualification
- Spend time on a beautiful tropical island
- Meet people from all over the world with the same passion for diving as you
During the Internship you may also have the option to do specialty diver courses at
- Food and accommodation
- Course fees up to Divemaster (not including PADI professional fees)
- PADI manuals and PIC's
What’s Not Included:
- In-transit accommodation
- Visa costs
- Transfers between airports and project site (see relevant Project Summary for details)
- Reef Check Certification card
- Personal kit
- International & domestic airport taxes
Please note that by joining this Internship programme we are not guaranteeing your certification in any courses since PADI course certification is a result of completing/passing required coursework, completing dives and/or examinations.
To train to be a PADI Divemaster you must complete the following courses:
- Open Water
- Advanced Open Water
- Rescue Diver
- Emergency First Response/Expedition Care Program
£4995 per person